What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Your name
• Contact information including email address and telephone number
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to information surveys and consultations
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our services
- We may send out promotional emails and newsletters about services that we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies used by this site
- exp_last_visit: Sets the date/time that the user last visited the site, and is set for both guests and logged-in users. If not set, is automatically set to 10 years ago. Affects guests and logged-in users.
- exp_tracker: Tracks the last 5 pages viewed by the user, and is used primarily for redirection after logging in etc. Affects guests and logged-in users.
- exp_last_activity: Every time the state is updated (the page reloaded) the last activity is set to the current date/time. Used to determine expiry. This is essential for logged-in users, but not for guests - it is set for both.
- exp_sessionid: A uniquely generated ID that corresponds to the session_id column in the exp_session table. Used when cookie and session are set as the session type. Used only for logged-in members.
- exp_uniqueid: Matches the unique_id field in the exp_members table. Randomly generated by the functions class at registration. Used only for logged-in members.
- exp_userhash: The encrypted password of the currently logged-in user. Set if you choose the cookies and session ID method for sessions (cs in your config.) Used only for logged-in members.
- exp_anon: A flag set by the user to determine if they are listed in the online users.
- exp_expiration: Determines the length of the session for a logged-in user. There are two options for this cookie: if the user has selected remember me then it is set to 1 year, and if not then it’s set to the datetime that the user logged in. Used only for logged-in members.
- __utma: This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits your site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
- __utmb: This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When a user views a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on your site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on your site for longer than 30 minutes. You can modify the default length of a user session with the _setSessionCookieTimeout() method.
- __utmc: This cookie is no longer used by the ga.js tracking code to determine session status. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user. For backwards compatibility purposes with sites still using the urchin.js tracking code, this cookie will continue to be written and will expire when the user exits the browser. However, if you are debugging your site tracking and you use the ga.js tracking code, you should not interpret the existence of this cookie in relation to a new or expired session.
- __utmz: This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.
We sometimes embed photos, videos or tweets from websites such as YouTube and Twitter. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, if you use a share button on our website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest outside the www.equityreleasehampshire.co.uk domain. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to Kevin Woods using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Kevin Woods, Suite B, Ground Floor, Webb House, 20 Bridge Road, Park Gate, Southampton, SO31 7GE or emailing email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: Kevin Woods, Suite B, Ground Floor, Webb House, 20 Bridge Road, Park Gate, Southampton, SO31 7GE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.